At Patrick our goal is to ensure that all employees go “Home Safely Every Day”. Through the collective involvement of all employees at all levels of the business we are each responsible for building a strong safety culture that enables us to meet our objectives and support our safety strategy.
Our safety strategy is centred on four pillars of Safe People, Safe Systems, Safe Plant and Safe Environment:
Our four safety pillars are supported by our beliefs and behaviours, providing identifiable meaning to our employees, contractors and visitors. At Patrick, we believe that:
- All injuries are preventable;
- Safety is a shared responsibility;
- Involvement of employees is essential;
- Working safely is a condition of employment;
- Effective safety standards are essential;
- Training and competence are essential for ensuring safe operations; and
- Everyone that interacts with our operations has the right to be safe.
To assist us to strive to operate safely and productively we believe in fostering positive safety behaviours:
- Work safely and not knowingly endanger the safety and health of others
- Comply with all workplace policies and procedures
- Immediately report all injuries and incidents as soon as possible after they occur
- Immediately stop another person from working unsafely
- Immediately report and take positive action on all hazards
- Take personal accountability for all my acts and omissions
- Actively participate in workplace training and safety meetings
By actively working together to drive safety awareness and a culture that prioritises safe working behaviour, Patrick aims to deliver its goal of all employees returning home safely, everyday.
Our commitment to a safe workplace is outlined in the Patrick Health and Safety Policy.
At Patrick, we're committed to getting each and every member of our team home safely, every day.